Thursday, May 31, 2012

Marsala Pork Chops. The best pork chops you'll ever eat!

I made these Marsala Pork Chops about two years ago, and they were so good I wanted to make them again in the same week.  I remember when I first moved away from home, I was hooked on my Foreman grill.  I used it to cook any kind of meat I bought because it was easy and convenient, and my husband loved it.  Unfortunately, it dries the meat out like no other.  It did the same to pork chops.  I started looking in to new ways to make pork chops, and found a bunch of different ways that were 100% better than the Foreman grill.  This was/is by far my VERY favorite *drool*.

Marsala Pork Chops

1/2 C. Seasoned bread crumbs
4 boneless center-cut pork chops
3 Tbs. Olive Oil divided
2 medium onions thinly sliced
6 garlic cloves minced
1/2 C. white wine or chicken broth
1 Tbs. Marsala wine or chicken broth
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 C. cold butter, cubed

Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chops in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.

In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the white wine, Marsala, pepper and salt, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is nearly evaporated. Stir in butter until melted. Serve with pork chops and noodles


Nutrition Facts:
1 pork chop with 1/4 cup onions equals 526 calories, 36 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.


Recipe adapted from Taste of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment