Saturday, June 9, 2012

Garlic Butter Cheddar Chicken - The best chicken you will ever eat!

Sure, it is called Garlic Butter Cheddar Chicken because that's what it is!  But I prefer to call this Lick-the-Pan Chicken or, 5-Nights-a-Week chicken, because THAT'S how good it is.  I have had this recipe for years and years, and it is not only my favorite chicken recipe (since chicken can be kind of boring), but my favorite dinner recipe PERIOD!  You will finish dinner and go over to get the remains out of the pan......TRUST ME!

This chicken recipe is not only amazing, but easy as can be!  Everyone in my family that I have shared this with has LOVED it and passed it along, and I hope you will too!  I can't believe it has taken me this long to share it.  Enjoy, and have fun fighting for the leftovers!

Ingredients:
5-6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C. butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 C. dry bread crumbs
1/2 C. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 C. freshly shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp. dried parsley
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat and add garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, and the 4 seasonings.
4. Dip each chicken into the garlic butter and turn to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture, coating well.
5. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9 by 13 baking dish
6. Drizzle with any remaining butter and any remaining bread crumb mix.
7. Bake 30 minutes in preheated oven, or until inside of chicken is no longer pink.

Serve with vegetable of your choice and potatoes.


(The picture doesn't do this baby justice)
Notes:
I can't tell you enough how the FRESHLY grated cheeses make all the difference.  I have used bagged cheddar, and even resorted to using the dry Parmesan in the plastic container.  I thought it was good then, but NOTHING like using the read deal.  If you are going to bother making this, use the real stuff.
Also, the baking dish does not need to be sprayed, but I like to coat it with butter in case the cheesy goodness sticks.  The butter makes it all that much better, trust me folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment