Saturday, May 26, 2012

To Die For Baked Basil Fries (Nutrition facts included)

I can barely contain myself long enough to post these on this blog.  But I guess I will have to since we just finished off the entire pan within 5 minutes.  I am very guilty of frying up a big batch of french fries, sometimes even melting cheese on them, and eating them for lunch (bad, I know).

I found this recipe in a book I have, and have made them twice since yesterday.  They are low fat and low salt.  I will admit, I added extra salt because they did not have enough, and I would do it again.  This yields 4 servings, I suggest you make extra ;-)

Baked Basil Fries:

1/4 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Tbs. Olive Oil (I use Filippo Berio)
1 Tbs. Dried Basil
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
4 medium red potatoes (I use more to make more)

Directions:

In a bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, oil, Basil, and Garlic Powder.  Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. sticks.  Add to cheese mixture, toss to coat.

Place in a 15-in. by 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.  Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes; turn potatoes.  Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until crisp and tender.



NUTRITION FACTS per-serving

162 calories
5 g fat
0 g saturated fat
5 mg cholesterol
117 mg sodium
27 g carbohydrate
3 g fiber
7 g protein



No comments:

Post a Comment