Sunday, May 20, 2012

Food Diary

The reason I created this blog is because if I am not cooking, I am thinking about it.  I will often find recipes to share, or new things to tell people.  I find that I think about it all day long, and I figured this could be the best way to get those thoughts out!  This blog will mainly consist of recipes, reviews, or just things I have learned or thought about.

When I had my old blog, all I ever wanted to do was write about food anyways, so here it is!  I can't design anything to save my life.  I have zero artistic skills, zero photography skills, so excuse me if this isn't a beautiful blog, but the two things I CAN do are cook and write. In fact, as I sit here typing this I am thinking of how badly I want to make an original apple pie.  If I was making that apple pie, I would be thinking about how I want to write about it.  This isn't a "real" food blog, it is just my personal blog where I will be writing about food. 

The funny thing about my love for food and cooking, is that before I had kids I ate things such as chicken nuggets heated up in the oven, or a big bowl of boxed mac & cheese with cut up hot dogs in it.  As I think of those things now, it turns my stomach upside down (no joke).  Also, I was always such a picky eater.  It was always a battle with my family trying to get me to eat meals.  My Grandma cooked nice meals such as pot roast, vegetables, healthy casseroles, etc.  I never wanted to eat any of it.  Now as an adult and a lover of cooking, I appreciate it more than anything, and wish I would have back then.  When I had kids my love for cooking came full force.  I feel it is so important to put good, healthy meals in front of your child at a young age, so that when they are older they are open-minded to trying a variety of things.

When Joe has off and we are trying to think of what we can do for the day, I tell him I want to go to Trader Joe's and Sprouts.  He looks at me funny every time and says, "So you want to go to two grocery stores for fun?"  Yep, that is my idea of fun!  And kitchen stores like Crate & Barrel?!  Ahh!  These things are like toy stores for me!!

I find cooking and baking to be extremely relaxing.  When I am doing it, my mind is focused completely on whatever I am creating at the time.  I find that when I get a bit of down time, instead of sitting down, I find my way to the kitchen to find something to make.  I often find that even when people come over, I am usually making something.  Even if I have to stop a million times in between, I still manage to concoct SOMETHING in the midst of it all.

So, I hope you enjoy it and can use some of the recipes or ideas I share with you, or even learn something new along the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment