Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta this recipe is to die for!

This is a copycat recipe from Chili's.  I modified it a bit, but the original recipe is Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta.  The only thing I hate about copycat recipes, is people take them and claim that they came up with them on their own to their friends, when in fact they found them on the internet somewhere.  I do believe everyone should modify recipes to their liking or leave them the same if they prefer, but I do not believe people should take a copycat recipe and take credit for coming up with it on their own.  This is a no no in the food world friends.  Give credit where credit is due.
I found this recipe on the internet somewhere years ago.  I have made it dozens and dozens of times.  Why?  Because it is AMAZING, and I LOVE white sauce.  If you love Alfredo/white sauce, you will not make another sauce after trying this. 

Ingredients:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 tsp. Cajun seasonings
4 Tbs. Butter
3 C. Heavy Cream
1/2 tsp. Lemon Pepper seasoning (I omit this)
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder (I am generous with this!)
8 oz. Penne Pasta (I use Angel Hair as I like it way better)
2 Roma Tomatoes Diced (I omit these)
1 C. Parmesan Cheese (FRESH)

Directions:

1. Coat both sides of chicken generously in Cajun seasonings.

2. In large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter, over medium heat, turning whenever necessary.
3. When chicken is about half-way done, grab a second skillet and combine heavy cream, 2 tablespoons butter, and remainder of seasonings over medium heat, stirring occasionally.  Add cheese.

4. When chicken is cooked through, place on cutting board and slice into strips.

5.  Spoon pasta and sauce into bowls and top with chicken strips and fresh tomatoes.


 
Notes: I went ahead and gave you the exact copycat recipe, but what I do to make this 100 times easier is before placing the chicken in the pan, cut it into chunks first.  It will cook A LOT faster this way.  Then when the sauce is done, I add the chicken to the sauce.  When the pasta is done I mix it all together in one large pot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment