Friday, June 22, 2012

How to make delicious, refreshing Strawberry Sorbet without an ice cream maker!

Since it has gotten warmer, I have seen recipes for ice cream and sorbet EVERYWHERE.  Sorbet is one of my favorite desserts, but I do not have an ice cream maker to make any!  Yesterday as I was making something else, I stumbled upon an easy way to get the sorbet you want WITHOUT an ice cream maker!  I couldn't believe it when it happened, I no longer have to go without sorbet :-)  It is SO yummy for a refreshing treat on a hot summer's day.  And the kids love it!

What you do is:
Take about 10 fresh but frozen strawberries.  Place them in  a food processor for about 45 minutes (depending on how hot it is where you are).  What you want is for the strawberries not to be frozen solid (you do not want them to break your processor), but NOT to be thawed.

When they get a bit softer than frozen, place 2 Tbs. of strawberry jam on top of them. Process until frothy, about 60 seconds.  Your sorbet should be frothy but still ice cold/frozen. 

Notes:  If you prefer seedless strawberry jam, that will work too.  I make my own and it is not seedless, however, it still turned out yummy!!  Using the strawberry jam means not only do you not have to add sugar, but it gives it an even stronger strawberry flavor!  I can't wait to try other flavors, especially raspberry, my fave :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment